Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 25:Tender Mercies

Christmas party
    When it's freezing cold outside the natural inclination is to stay inside and stay warm but missionaries don't really have that luxury. We knock on doors even if it's utterly freezing! And it is! The biggest problem I have faced with that is cold toes, I hate having cold toes, it is one of my absolute least favorite things. Little known fact: rubber rain boots suck in the cold rather than repelling it and my toes were becoming icicles. I was on my knees every night this week begging for a way to keep my toes warm, I couldn't knock without taking a toe warming break! Turns out that the boots that will keep your feet dry won't keep them warm, but the ones that will keep you warm won't keep you dry. I finally figured the perfect way to position toe warmers and exactly how many pairs of thick socks to wear (2 plus a pair of regular socks) to keep my toes from getting numb, and life was okay, but it was still a struggle to keep my toes warm enough!
   But last night we felt super prompted to go and visit the Deacon family, and what do you know but Sister Deacon accidentally bought a pair of warm, water-proof boots in the wrong size, my size. And she gave them to me! I literally almost cried. It may seem like something small but the Lord really does answer prayers! I am so excited to have warm toes!
     Another tender mercy, we aren't allowed to knock this one particular street because it's a gated community, which is really sad because we kept thinking that there might be some really solid potential investigators there. Then we got a call from a member with a referral on that street! And it turned out to be a way solid investigator. We sat down at our appointment and asked about her interest in religion, and she says "I wasn't interested at all until now, and you know, I've really been thinking, I need to read The Book of Mormon." That is incredible!
     The Lord truly has great blessings in store for each one of His children, Nephi says
"But behold, I,Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." (1 Nephi 1:20) If we have faith in Him, He will bless us. It is incredible to see just how much He will! What are the odds that Sister Deacon would buy a pair of boots that were just perfect for me and even in my size? So slim, but the Lord made it happen because He knew I needed it! The Lord loves us!
I love you all!
Sister Megan Monson



Sister Monson and Sister Pen
Snow fall fun with companion


absolutely beautiful


Zone Conference


No comments:

Post a Comment