Monday, April 17, 2017

I Stand All Amazed



Yesterday was Easter Sunday, the day set aside to celebrate the Atonement and Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. In Church yesterday we sang one of my favorite songs, "I Stand All Amazed."
    1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
    Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
    I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
    That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
    (Chorus)
    Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
    Enough to die for me!
    Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!
    2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
    To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
    That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
    Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.
    3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
    Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
    No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
    Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
In case you haven't noticed one of the ways the Spirit speaks to me is through music. I love this song, I am truly amazed at all the Savior has done for me. Christ is the reason we do all that we do, Christ is the very center of our faith. I love a phrase in Moroni 6:4 
"And after they had been received unto baptism, and were wrought upon and cleansed by the power of the Holy Ghost, they were numbered among the people of the church of Christ; and their names were taken, that they might be remembered and nourished by the good word of God, to keep them in the right way, to keep them continually watchful unto prayer, relying alone upon the merits of Christ, who was the author and the finisher of their faith." 
The "author and the finisher of their faith" Because of Christ we can have faith and that faith can grow. We do not have to stay stagnant, we can always progress and become better. Christ is everything. Because of Him we are able to truly be freed from our sins and become better today than we were yesterday.
I Love my Savior. I am so honored to carry his love to all those I meet. I know He lives. The great message of the Gospel is not just that He lived and He died for us, but that He still Lives, He is our Savior and He is there to help us. He is there to Save us. His promises are for everyone. His grace truly is sufficient for each and everyone of us.

All my Love,
Sister Megan Monson
























No comments:

Post a Comment