Monday, May 1, 2017

For Good



I've heard it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes the sun,
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better
But because I knew you.
I have been changed for good.


This song is from my favorite musical of all time, Wicked. As Elphaba and Glinda part, they recognize what a sincere impact they had on each others' lives. There is definitely a reason for every place the Lord puts us in, we are where we are to influence and to bless others and that is especially true for missionaries.
This weekend Sister Rust and I learned that we will both be getting transferred. I will go to the Manette ward in Bremerton, and Sister Rust will go to the Southworth ward also in Bremerton! We are sad to be leaving, but we both agreed, it's time. We have worked hard and we have done absolutely everything that we could possibly do. Shelton 1st will be getting a set of Elders and they will work miracles the sisters can't do. There is a time and a season for all things, the Sisters have had their run and now it is time for the Elders to take their turn here.
This adventure in Shelton 1st has been a whirlwind and I have come to love this little town. I have truly been changed for good from serving here. The members of this ward have had a profound influence on my life and I will forever be grateful for them.
The people I have learned the most from in this area have definitely been my three companions. From Sister Philippi I learned to be patient and humble.
From Sister Ireland I learned to be diligent and optimistic.
And from my sweet Sister Rust I learned to share responsibility, to be strictly obedient and to have fun while doing it.
I am grateful to have spent a portion of my mission here, but I am so excited for this new adventure in Bremerton. My new companion, Sister Pluim and I will both be new to the area, so it will be one huge adventure!
All my love,
Sister Megan Monson

Saying Goodbye-

The Bennett's

The Deacon's

Sweet Molly

Beautiful river

Rainbow

Beautiful country

Beauty everywhere

Sister Smith

Sister Rust and I

Waterfall

Fun pday hike with Sister Rust and Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment