Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Let go and Let God

This week my Heavenly Father answered a prayer that I said when I was 6 years old. "Heavenly Father, I really want a sister." And He certainly gave me one! 14 years later, but who is counting? I am so grateful for the knowledge that Families can be eternal and that we are not meant to be individual beings but members of family units.
If you can imagine this week was a little bit rough, I wanted so much to be with my family for my sweet brother's wedding, but the Lord told me He needed me here, so here I am! As I pondered why I could possibly need to be here rather than there, a phrase I have heard a thousand times came to my mind, "let go and let God." Our Heavenly Father is very aware of us and our situations, He wants to bless us and He wants to guide us, sometimes we need to just let Him take the reigns and trust that He can lead us better than we can.
I will never lie and say that my mission has been easy, or that I haven't ever thought about giving up. I have been studying the Old Testament with what little free time I have, and the phrase that sticks out to me constantly, is "and Noah walked with God." or Adam or whomever. This life is a time for us to learn to walk with God.When the Savior taught His people and they found something that was a little bit hard to handle, they gave up and left. In John 6 it says:

66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

I know that my Savior is there holding me. Every trial I have had on my mission is nothing in comparison to what He went through, suffering for my sins. I know that He is there and He understands me. Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior and my friend, He is my older brother and my comforter. I know that there is nothing that I can do to repay Him, but I am certainly trying! 

All my love,
Sister Megan Monson

This is what Sister Monson was doing on Saturday July 1st:

Having lunch with Bishop and Sister Hill


enjoying the sights of Bremerton while doing missionary work

AND... attending her brothers wedding in the Bountiful Temple 
She fit right in as one of the Bridesmaids
and even gave the groom (Jaymes) a photo op

but actually she was in Bremerton all day enjoying a drink run with her comp



No comments:

Post a Comment