Monday, December 4, 2017

It's Not How Much You Have

And so begins the Beginning of the end. I entered my final transfer this week, and I am still shocked that it really does end! The day I entered the mission field, I was shocked as I realized that I had signed myself up to do this for 18 months straight with no breaks. Every single day felt like an eternity, I watched other missionaries prepare to go home and I thought my time would never come. And yet I'm realizing that it really does end, I really will go home.

President Uchtdorf said something last night at the First Presidency Christmas Devotional that really struck me. He taught, "It's not how much you have, it's how much you love." He was speaking of material things, such as toys and Christmas gifts, but I related that to my mission.

 "It's not about how much [time] you have [left], it's about how much you love [the time you do have]."

 Five weeks from tomorrow I will walk onto and airplane and I will run into the arms of my amazing family, probably crying and totally drained from giving my all every day for the last 18 months. BUT I still have five whole weeks. And what will I do with them?
I will LOVE every second I have left as a full-time missionary. I will work my hardest, wear out my rain boots and trash all my clothes. I will serve my companion and give my very best ever single day. That's what I have tried to do for the last 17 months, and that is what I will continue to do for my last 5 weeks. I love this work, I really truly do, and I love the Lord, and I will give Him my everything.

As for me: Sister Rust and I are killing it here in Brookdale. I was only gone for four weeks, so hardly anyone noticed my absence, but I was surprised how many people I actually know in this ward! I thought I didn't really know anyone! It has been so much fun to get back with Sister Rust and give each other an update on our missions and what has all happened in the 5 transfers we have been apart.
Not much else happened this week! Just a lot of knocking doors!

All my love to you,
Sister Megan Monson
 Light The World!











help make quilts in Gig Harbor










No comments:

Post a Comment