Monday, January 8, 2018

The Last Lecture

I heard a story once about a professor who was dying, he knew his time was short and he decided to give one last lecture. His students flocked in, and many came from miles away to hear his last lecture. He gave a lecture on life that has now been turned into a book. His words inspired hundreds, and his legacy will live on forever.
As I have pondered what I would say in my last email, I have continually thought of sharing my simple testimony, for that is all I can truly take with me when I go. Sure my bags are packed with souvenirs and mementos, but in reality the only thing of real worth that I am taking with me when I board that plane tomorrow is my testimony of my Savior.
I know He lives, I have come to know Him as I have served Him. I know that He is there for each and everyone of us. He gave His life for us, He died for us, but He also LIVED for us. He is my Savior, my older brother, and my best friend. I know that His gospel has been restored to the earth in this day and age that Joseph Smith was truly a Prophet of God.
On Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to go do Baptisms for the dead with my recent convert, Molly. What an amazing experience to see someone who the Lord was able to help by using me as an instrument be able to come into the temple and feel of the Spirit there. We went to Deseret Book afterwards and I found this picture:
As I looked at it my eyes filled with tears as I pictured myself in that woman's place, being comforted by the Savior. He is there for me, I have felt His love and His infinite grace as I have been a missionary, as I have struggled with depression and anxiety, and as I have come to be like Him. I am trying to be like Jesus, and I will continue to try to be like Him for the rest of my life. I love this gospel!
All my love and I will see you tomorrow!
Sister Megan Monson

Sister Monson will be home Tuesday January 9th at 1:00pm
She speaks in her home ward, Glenmoor 5th ward, at 11:00am
4881 West Cindy Lane
South Jordan Utah

Such happy Sister Missionaries!






after temple dinner

another facial mask

who are these two cute animals?

Panda and Tiger
 Temple Trip Saturday January 6th
Temple trip with Molly







Departing Missionary Temple trip

saying goodbye

all the Sister Missionaries who went out together

Sister Belliston

Sister Webb
Sister Monson

Visiting special friends 






No comments:

Post a Comment