Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 18: In the Emerald City

   
MONSON apple crate

One amazing thing about the rain is how GREEN everything suddenly becomes! It's fall, just when most people in Utah start letting their lawns go for the winter. But here in the Wa-Tac the green lawn season has just begun! Tacoma comes second only to the city of Oz in greenness.
     This week we had Stake Conference, which is always a treat! One thing I learned was how to "drink deeply from the living waters." The acronym SPA tells us how we must study our scriptures to receive the living waters on a daily basis.

S- Study the Book of Mormon
P-Ponder on what you read
A-Apply what you have learned

     Sounds simple right? That's because it is! Studying the scriptures is an incredibly simple thing! And yet it is among the most important things we should do everyday! I have come to love and adore my own personal hour that I get all to myself to drink deeply from the living waters every single day. As I have come to love the Book of Mormon I have come to understand it better, even receiving insights from the dreaded Isaiah Chapters! Just the other day I was reading in 1 Nephi 20 and I learned something that I have never even thought of before. 
10 For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
     Sometimes as we go through our trials we don't understand the why behind our trials, but as we realize that we are part of our Father's greatest work, we can understand why He needs his most refined servants. Refinement is not fun, it hurts, it is miserable, but when you look back on what it does for you, it is so worth it.
     Chapter 21 taught me a lot about how much the Savior cares about each of us
14 But, behold, Zion hath said: The Lord hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me—but he will show that he hath not.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
    Christ loves us so much, that He chose to feel everything that we ever will. He suffered, truly, deeply for all of us. He has NOT forsaken you! He has not left you alone. We were not meant to walk alone, we were meant to walk with the Savior.
    It is within the pages of the Book of Mormon that we can come to know our Savior and walk evermore with Him. I know that it is true, if I didn't I would not willingly proclaim it to every Child of God that I see!
All my Love,

Sister Megan Monson
Planner Cover

planner back cover

wall of fame and quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment