Monday, December 26, 2016

Week 27: Hearts Knit Together

Standing in a forest on Christmas Day

Presents!
This week a wonderful member of my ward here asked me about my hobbies, I told her about how I knit, (because on the inside I am a 72 year-old lady!) and her eyes lit up. "I have something for you!" she told me, and then proceeded to pull out bag after bag of YARN. My eyes opened wide and my mind started racing with possibilities of what I could do with all this yarn. What did I come up with?
    In the past week and a half I have taught three people how to knit. One was my companion, I will not even hide the fact that she and I struggled with unity this whole transfer, but knitting was something we could relate with. I knit to relieve stress in a productive way. It has been my outlet for a year now and it has helped me in so many ways. And now it is helping my companion.
    The scriptures talk about knitting only one time, but that's more than they talk about my other hobbies! (i.e. Snowskiing, wakeboarding, etc)

     Mosiah 18:21 And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.

     Knitting brought us unity, and gave us a greater love for each other. And now I will be making room in my heart for another Sister! Sister Philippi will be transferring to Olympia and I will get Sister Ireland! I have known Sister Ireland since the beginning of my mission and we will have so much fun! I am very excited to get to work with her!
     Christmas was great, I got to talk to my family! How I love them! That was the most bittersweet present I have ever received. Sweet because I just love my family and love talking to them. Bitter because I had to say goodbye all over again! But families are forever, because of Christ, and that makes everything okay!
    I love you all! Happy New Year!
     Sister Megan Monson


Bingham Missionaries, pick and shovel Elder Devenburg, Elder Pipe, Sis Monson

Christmas day with a wonderfully kind women

Christmas Eve present, sent with love


Christmas Eve with district

Foodbank

beautiful location

Add caption

presents

Snoopy

Standing in a forest Christmas Day


No comments:

Post a Comment