Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Week 30: I Love To See The Temple

After over six months of waiting, I finally got to go to the Temple! What a wonderful place to be. We woke up super early Wednesday morning and drove all the way down to Olympia to get on a big yellow school bus, which took us AAAALLLLLLLLL the way up to Bellevue to the temple.
    Going from having several temples within a twenty minute drive to having no temples within the boundaries of my mission was a stark contrast.
    President Blatter decided to allow us to take one name all the way through and by a small miracle I had one name that I hadn't done any work on before I left and I was able to do all but the sealing for her this week. What an amazing thing!
     After the time spent in the place closest to heaven we loaded back on to the buses and drove back to Olympia. Just as Sister Ireland and I were pulling out of the parking lot, my trainer, Sister Bird, and her companion pulled in, and stopped us. Apparently their phone had been left on the bus which was now... who knows where? So I got to spend some time with my favorite companion in history, Sister Bird! So we spent most of the evening in Olympia, and the crazy thing about Olympia is that there is more than just a Wal-Mart and a McDonald's there, they have everything. And people, I haven't seen so many people in the past 9 weeks! I guess that is what happens when they ship you out to the middle of nowhere, a quiet and beautiful place, you forget what it's like to see people frequently!
    Other than that this week has been cold, cold, cold! It hasn't rained a whole lot so there haven't been clouds to keep the heat in, but the forecast says it will start raining soon which means it will be warmer... just wetter. Which means I will get to wear my rain boots! It has been too cold for them for a long time!
     I hope you all have a wonderful week!
           All my Love,





             Sister Megan Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment