Monday, January 9, 2017

Week 29: More Holiness Give Me

The first week of January is a week of setting goals and trying to figure out what you need to improve more on. I was stumped on what I really wanted to work on. I have so much that I am not where I want to be at ultimately and I just couldn't choose.
All week there was a song in my head that I love and adore but hadn't heard in awhile, so it didn't really make sense as to why it would be running through my head. Until I really thought about it and remembered that often the way the Spirit speaks to me is through music. Hymn number 131, "More Holiness Give Me"

1. More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff'ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.

2. More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.

3. More purity give me,
More strength to o'ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy--
More, Savior, like thee.

The solution to my goal-setting problem had been there all along. So I chose the attributes of the Savior that I really wanted to work on and I found ways to do so. So my goals all are lines from More Holiness give me! If you haven't set your goals yet, read through this song and it will basically help you so much to know what you need to do! Anyways, that's all I have to ramble about today!
All my love,
Sister Megan Monson





No comments:

Post a Comment