Monday, March 6, 2017

Molly the Mormon

This week a miracle happened. Six weeks ago, I met Molly. Molly didn't know for sure if God was real, she had questions but didn't really expect her answers to come from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I remember at our first meeting she told me that she didn't understand why we have to obey a lot of the "rules." She told me, "I don't understand why it is wrong, but maybe... If I understood it... I'd want to live it."
As we taught her the lessons Molly genuinely changed. By the end of our third lesson with her she was extending commitments to herself. We sat down to teach a commandment and she told us that after she had read The Book of Mormon she couldn't go back to the things she had been doing. So we basically handed her a pamphlet and said "teach yourself!" :)
As missionaries we are taught to "say nothing but repentance unto this generation." (D&C 6:9) And in teaching Molly, we focused on repentance, and it worked!
Molly was baptized this past Saturday, and what an incredible experience it was to see someone who I have come to love so dearly enter in to the covenant of baptism to truly be cleansed of all her past mistakes.
The Atonement is so real. Jesus Christ suffered and died for us that we can repent and truly be cleansed of our sins. I read in 1 Nephi 21:16 today "Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." Christ truly took our sins, every single one of them and paid the price we will never be able to pay. The atoning sacrifice of our precious Savior is what can truly keep us going. I know that He Lives. He is my older brother and my best friend. Jesus Christ suffered for all the transgressions we have made. I know it.
I know that the only way to Christ is by making and keeping our covenants! I am so eternally grateful that the Lord put Molly in my path and me in hers. I love this work and I love the gospel!
All my Love,

Sister Megan Monson
new rain boots!

Sister Ireland, Molly, Sister Monson, Sister Rust

They had to describe their companion like a car... Sis Rust is like a red mini of course Sister Monson is a yellow bug :)

cute missionaries

ya think??


No comments:

Post a Comment