Monday, August 28, 2017

God Cannot Lie

Editors note: I didn't publish last weeks letter until this week so if you'd like to go back and read "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?" please do! It may make this weeks letter sweeter and more understandable! Love this amazing missionary who when life throws lemons she makes lemonade and isn't afraid to share what is in her heart! How am I so very blessed?

Yesterday in Sunday school we had a lesson on Honesty. Typical lessons on honesty go about like this:
Teacher asks, "why shouldn't we lie?" and then the class gives the stereotypical answers such as "because God told us not to."
So when the lesson started, I expected to zone out and occasionally comment to keep the lesson going. This Honesty lesson was different though, we started by reading from 

Ether 3:
11 And the Lord said unto him: Believest thou the words which I shall speak?

12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.


And it dawned on me that God Cannot Lie to us. He literally can't. There are no "crossies doesn't count"s or half-truths. God will always tell us the truth, no matter what happens, He will not lie to us.
So if that is true, and I know from the depths of my soul that it is, then because God has promised that He will not leave us suffering for longer than we can handle.
My favorite book in the Old Testament is Job. I feel like lately I have understood Job, a lot more because I understand the things he must have felt a little better. Two verses that have really stood out to me lately are Job 11:18 "And thou shalt be secure, because there is hope..." and Job 13:15-16 "Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him... He also shall be my salvation..."
I've been studying a lot about faith lately, and what I've learned is that Faith is trust. So if we have faith, and we all know that if you have faith you also have hope (Moroni 7), so if you have faith and hope, you have to trust God. That has stuck out to me again and again.
God cannot lie, He just can't, so He is the best person you could ever trust. When you are down and out, remember the faith that you have, even if it is small, and know that God is there for you, He loves you.
And I love you all,
Sister Megan Monson

view from apartment

wild blackberries

Llama?

yep Llama!








super beautiful missionary




No comments:

Post a Comment