Monday, September 18, 2017

EMERGENCY TRANSFER! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

So, I've been awful lately and haven't written in about three weeks... I'd like to publicly apologize to all of my fans, I know how you all just LIVE to hear from me (this should be read dripping with sarcasm). But really, I'm sorry.

To catch you up to speed, I've had a crazy past few weeks. I got transferred out of Silverdale and down to Parkland in a trio with Sisters Larsen and Powell, we had a lot of fun together and saw a lot of great finding miracles. We were "tripled in" meaning all three of us were new to the area, but we were figuring it out, and having a blast.

We had dinner with Brother and Sister Lee last Sunday, they were in my first area, and their parents both live in Parkland! So I got to see some of my favorite people

Last Monday we had a very special visitor, Elder Benjamin De Hoyos of the Seventy came to speak to our mission. He taught of the importance of providing investigators with opportunities to receive revelation. It was a really cool experience to hear from him. Crazy story time! The night before he came the APs texted and told me Elder De Hoyos had specifically asked to have an interview with me, I was like "Whaaaaat??" So we were able to sit down and talk together, and he told me my cute daddy had asked him to come talk to me while he was up here, and he gave me a picture of the two of them together. What a treat!

I stayed for exactly 11 days in Parkland, on Friday this week President Leishman called me and told me I was needed in the Brookdale ward because a sister went home for medical reasons.
So in a hurry I grabbed all my stuff and moved it... across the parking lot to the Brookdale apartment, in the same complex... that was by far the shortest distance I have ever transferred.
I am now in the Brookdale ward with Sister York! Sister York is awesome, she is from Boulder City, Colorado and went to school at BYU Hawaii. I absolutely love her. We'll be together for about a month before we find out about transfers, and we are going to have a blast. She and her companion were doubled in, but the didn't really get to work because of her companion's health problems, so we are starting from scratch here.

I've had more areas in the past 3 weeks than I had the first 10 months of my mission, and the change is crazy, but it is also good.

I've learned a lot about Love the past few weeks, President told us the other day that you should be able to tell your companion every day that you love him/her. But that love doesn't just go to your companion when you are a missionary, but to everyone you meet. Sister York and I were talking yesterday and she pointed out to me that we love everyone as missionaries, even, and sometimes especially, the ones who don't love us. I have struggled with some companions, but I love them sometimes more than any others. I have love for those who yell at me and don't want me to knock on their door, even after I have walked all the way down their ridiculously long driveway...I still love them.

And if I as a simple little missionary can love people that much, how much more does our Savior love us? I know He loves us infinitely.

Alma 7 says:
11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

13 Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.


He can heal us, because HE LOVES us.

All my love,
Sister Megan Monson

Why I Believe Fireside
Sunday September 17, 2017







pyramid!

twiners-not her comp but Sister

No comments:

Post a Comment