Monday, September 25, 2017

He Once was Broken too

We have a Savior who truly, truly knows what we are feeling, that is the most true thing that has ever been taught. In Mosiah 14 we learn:


3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows,and acquainted with grief; and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

4 Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.


Our Savoir truly understands the pains and the sorrows and the anger, everything. I cannot testify of that enough. This week my poor companion got sick. It seems to be going around. So despite caring for her, I still had a bit of time this week to just ponder, study, pray, do whatever I wanted really. After reading those verses, with my heart full of gratitude, I put pen to paper, and wrote out my feelings in verse. So I'm sorry if you don't like poetry! But this one is called "He Once was Broken too."

I feel like I'm broken,
I fall in a heap.
My life is a token
to the one who hears me weep.

He is my Savior,
the great Emmanuel,
but my life has lost its flavor
for reasons I wish he would tell.

I follow in His footsteps
He said, "Come follow me."
and my life has had some mishaps
due to things I cannot see.

I look for His hand
and I plead for His grace
He is in high demand
I simply wish to see His face.

As I ponder and I pray
a thought I come to see.
Could it be just as they say
He was broken just for me?

Could He really know my pain?
Does He really know my sorrow?
What did He have to gain
when I His blood had to borrow?

What a blessing it is to know
He once was broken too
and though my progress may be slow
He will love me through.

It never ceases to amaze me just how much the Savior understands me and what I am going through. He feels your pain, He feels the sorrow, the hurt, the anger. But He also knows the way to inexplicable joy. He loves us!
I love testifying of that truth to everyone I meet, it is the greatest joy to talk about my Savior.
All my love,
Sister Megan Monson









No comments:

Post a Comment