Monday, October 2, 2017

I'm TRYING to be Like Jesus



I love this photo from the mission Instagram post. I can not express my gratitude enough for an inspired Mission President and his wife who do not give up but continue to follow promptings and serve with little thought of their own welfare and only the care and spiritual health of their missionaries. I can imagine President Leishman standing in the doorway looking upon a few of his missionaries and give great thanks for the moments he has had to spend with them and be grateful for their dedication to the Lord. This touched my heart! There are no coincidences in life, as Elder Hallstrom spoke about in General Conference yesterday. The Lord knows our divine destiny. Feeling so very blessed words can not express how much I love the Lord and how I love those placed in my path and in the paths of my children who help with the miracles we all need so desperately. Sister Lee you are one of those miracles also. How grateful I am that the Lord is a God of miracles! -MOM

out to lunch with Sister Lee between Saturday sessions



After a crazy, insane, totally full week, including a trip to the temple, exchanges, interviews, Sister York's birthday, and everything in between, I had the opportunity to relax, unwind and watch General Conference. What an amazing thing! I love that we have the opportunity every six months to listen to the guidance of our leaders and receive revelation.
My very favorite talk was by Elder Jeffrey R Holland, no surprise there. His words touched my heart and helped me to remember a divine truth. He spoke of the Savior's Sermon on the mount and the commandment to "Be ye therefore perfect."
Ouch. I am so very far from being perfect that I can hardly imagine ever being so. But that is what the Atonement is for, isn't it? Elder Holland proclaimed, "I'm trying to be like Jesus." And that is what I am trying to do too.
I am trying, desperately, to be like my Savior, and I make mistakes every day, but I am trying.
I love the words of the primary song:

  1. 1. I’m trying to be like Jesus;
    I’m following in his ways.
    I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
    At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
    But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
  2. “Love one another as Jesus loves you.
    Try to show kindness in all that you do.
    Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
    For these are the things Jesus taught.”
  3. 2. I’m trying to love my neighbor;
    I’m learning to serve my friends.
    I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
    I try to remember the lessons he taught.
    Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
  4. “Love one another as Jesus loves you.
    Try to show kindness in all that you do.
    Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
    For these are the things Jesus taught.”
Christ's whole gospel is about Love, and if we are able to love each other, then everything else works out. We are all trying, and that is enough, perfection is an end goal, not a singular event.
In this gospel we get points for trying, there is no first place or last place, we are all in this together! Just like they say in High School Musical! None of us are perfect, and that is why we all need the Savior.
All my love to you,
Sister Megan Monson

See Elder Hollands full talk... it's worth the reread or re listen again and again.

Seattle Temple Trip









General Conference at the Presidents Home




Sister York's birthday!









No comments:

Post a Comment