Monday, September 26, 2016

Week 14: Tight Like Unto a Dish


When I was in High School my family would read the Book of Mormon together before everyone left for school and work. One morning before Brayden and I headed off to school we were reading in the book of Ether, Chapter 2 verse 17
     "And they were built after a manner that they were exceedingly tight, even that they would hold water like unto a dish; and the bottom thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the sides thereof were tight like unto a dish; and the ends thereof were peaked; and the top thereof was tight like unto a dish; and the length thereof was the length of a tree; and the door thereof, when it was shut,was tight like unto a dish."
     The phrase "tight like unto a dish" is in there four times, and appears a few times throughout the rest of the chapter as well. Brayden and I thought it was so funny and we joked about someday giving talks on being "tight like unto a dish." Well guess what one of the Talks in Sacrament meeting was about??? Being "tight like unto a dish." Of course this naturally piqued my interest, why on earth would you be talking about being tight like a dish? Brother Gold taught that it is as if God was saying "You're going to be in the water, and I am going to be directing you, and you need to be protected from the water." How true that is! We are all building our own boats, our testimonies, to withstand the crushing waters of the world. And if they are not unbreakable, the waters will start dripping in.
a dog name "Friend" followed us for 2 hours
     Being sent out on a mission is definitely like Heavenly Father taking the boat you have so carefully made and dropping it into the tumultuous waters of the world. Getting dropped into Tacoma has shaken me around, thrown me for a loop and made me a little seasick to be honest. But thank goodness for my Testimony of a living Christ, of the divine Plan of my Heavenly Father, and of the truthfulness of the Everlasting gospel. I know this is true. No matter how many Bible Bashers I meet, no matter how many people tell me I am wrong, no matter how many doors get absolutely slammed in my face, It will still be true. There is nothing that can take that truth from me, and no one who should even dare try. I know the gospel has been restored in its fullness to the earth. I know that not everyone in Tacoma will know this as firmly as I do when I leave, but it will not be because I haven't tried to tell them. my testimony is "tight like unto a dish," and it's going to stay that way.
All my love to you,

Sister Megan Monson



Birthday party for Sister Pen



No comments:

Post a Comment