Monday, February 20, 2017

Faith to Find

Valentines cookie from home
This week we knocked a lot of doors. Many of the doors we knocked on I have knocked on once or twice already, so it was a pretty big trial of my faith. Despite the faith and devotion we showed, no one wanted to talk to us. So we kept knocking and kept talking to people.
As much as it weighed on me, I've had weeks where no one has wanted to listen to me before, but Sister Rust hasn't. I could see throughout the week how much it weighed on her. It broke my heart every time she would try to share the gospel with people and they would not even give her a second glance.
Preach My Gospel teaches, "Some may not accept your message even when they have received a spiritual witness that it is true. You will be saddened because you love them and desire their salvation. You should not, however, become discouraged; discouragement will weaken your faith. If you lower your expectations, your effectiveness will decrease, your desire will weaken, and you will have greater difficulty following the Spirit." Now isn't that a sad picture. It is so easy to get discouraged when door after door after door is slammed in your face. 
But Preach My Gospel also says "When you have done your very best, you may still experience disappointments, but you will not be disappointed in yourself. You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the Spirit working through you."
Despite not seeing any measure of success throughout the week we still finished out the week feeling like we had done our best, we truly had given our all. We showed up to church and miraculously had two investigators come to church! One was our sweet investigator, Molly! We had an incredible lesson with her this week on the Plan of Salvation. It answered so many of the questions she has had all her life!
We also got new couches this week! Which was super exciting! I haven't had a couch in my house in almost 5 weeks! So it's been nice to have somewhere to sit!
All my love,
Sister Megan Monson

Bedroom in our tiny house

Office in our tiny house
horses and little shetlon pony


Sis Rusts Valentines Cookie

Tiny house upstairs

Tiny house office

New sofa/new carpet

such a lovely front room now

No comments:

Post a Comment