Monday, February 6, 2017

It's a GIRL!

On Friday night I couldn't sleep, my mind was racing a million miles a minute thinking of all the possibilities transfer calls could bring. Sister Ireland and I had decided that it was basically for sure that we would be staying together for another transfer. But my mind wouldn't stop. If anyone would leave it would be me, I'd been in the area for longer, but where could I go? My mind kept going. When it was time to get out of bed, I was exhausted my brain could not take another minute. So during personal study Sister Ireland sent me to bed, I was useless without my brain.
About half an hour in I woke up to the sound of the phone ringing. Sister Ireland ran upstairs and mouthed to me, "President." My heart stopped. You only get a call from President Blatter if one of you will be going to a leadership position. My first reaction was that Sister Ireland would become a Sister Training Leader and I would stay and get another new companion. The first words out of President's mouth were, "I'm really sorry, Sister Ireland, that you only got to stay one transfer in Shelton. But you'll be going to Southworth!" My brain was confused for a moment, Why had President called us if Sister Ireland wasn't going to be an STL? "That leaves Sister Monson in Shelton," President continued, "and you'll be training!" Shock is literally not even an accurate enough word to describe my reaction. I was basically petrified.
I am so sad that I only got Sister Ireland for 6 weeks, but she truly has changed my life and my mission, and I will miss her terribly. But I am excited, nervous, terrified, happy, and really just freaking out to train a new missionary. This will be a grand adventure! I don't even know her name yet!

All my love,
Sister Megan Monson

PS: When you are trained, your trainer is your "Mom," and the Trainee is a "baby." hence the terminology!

PSS: Sister Monson has decided NOT to count weeks so I guess I won't be adding what week it is on her blog either. But I may still be counting fast Sundays and there are 10 more :) I think!
SNOW!!

SNOW BALLS!


Sister Monson made the little snowman

thumbs up for this gorgeous missionary

such cute sister missionaries, love the hats

Sister Monson made the cute headband!

No comments:

Post a Comment