Monday, November 13, 2017

Today is the BEST day of your Mission

What an incredible week! So many, many things happened, and I could tell you so many stories of this week, but I'll limit it to one, the best one of course!
Elder Kearon, companions, Elder Stevenson
This past Saturday our mission had two very special visitors, Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy and Elder Gary E. Stevenson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to our mission. What a blessing! As they each spoke I felt a renewed desire to fulfill my calling and to work as hard as I can until I go home. I was invigorated to work and to find those who need the gospel. What a blessing. Elder Kearon spoke on retaining our recent converts and I nearly started crying as I realized that every person I have taught and baptized has stayed active in the church thus far. What a miracle. I love my recent converts with all of my heart, and I am reminded of a verse in Alma 17. Alma sees his friends for the first time in years, this is how he describes it:
2 "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord..."
What a blessing it is to know that those who the Spirit has used me as an instrument to touch have not fallen away from that!
Before the meeting, we were able to shake hands with each of them, as I shook Elder Stevenson's hand, he spoke of my Grandparents and how much he loved them. When I shook the hand of Elder Kearon, he spoke of my parents and told me to meet him after the meeting because he had something for me from them. So after the meeting my companions and I rushed to find Elder Kearon. Our sweet mission president beckoned us into an office, where we found not only Elder Kearon, but also Elder Stevenson. What a treat to spend time with two incredible servants of the Lord. We spent just five minutes together, but they are five minutes I will never forget. Elder Kearon handed me a letter and some candies from my sweet parents and told me of how much he loves them. Elder Stevenson talked about my grandparents and how his father was their bishop when my Grandma Diana passed away.(editors note: no coincidences, the Lord knows each one of us no matter where we are or what we are doing) Their example taught me a lot about focusing on the ONE. They came all the way to Washington to meet with thousands of people, and yet they chose to spend a few minutes of their time with a sister missionary who needed a boost. That is how the Savior worked; while he taught the multitudes, he would stop to heal the one person along His way, or to teach the one person who needed a little more encouragement. It was truly an incredible experience to be that one. How incredible this gospel is!
All my love, 
Sister Megan Monson
Lunch with Sister Lee
cute companions

doing missionary work

doing more missionary work

trying to stay warm
Zone Conference-comp unity

view of Seattle from Gig




No comments:

Post a Comment